- Candle Waxes and Additives
- Candle Containers
- Candle Molds
- Candle Wicks
- Fragrance Oils / Candle Scents
- Candle Dyes
- Candle Making Equipment
- Step by Step Guides
- Other Helpful Resources
Most all of our containers and lids are sold separately so you can mix and match and create the look YOU want!
How to Make Smelly Jelly
- Water Crystals
- Distilled Water
- Fragrance Oil
- Food Coloring
- Pour 6 ounces of distilled water into a measuring cup.
- Add 1 teaspoon of water crystals.
- Add 1 - 2 teaspoons of fragrance. (The fragrance will be stronger if you use the maximum amount.)
- Add a few drops of food coloring for the desired color. Mix in a little at a time to make sure the color is satisfactory.
- Let the mixture stand for a few hours to allow the crystals to absorb the water, fragrance and dye. The crystals will swell to many times their original size.
- Fill containers with the smelly jelly mixture.
Other Helpful Tips:
- Make larger batches to save time. Increase the quantities to make enough to fill 5, 10 or even 20 jars at one time.
- Use a two piece lid and replace the center with cloth, netting or lace. This allows the fragrance to escape, but gives a different look to the container.
- Smelly jellies can be used in a potpourri warmer for a stronger scent dispersion.
- The mixture can be refreshed by adding 1 - 2 teaspoons of distilled water and a few drops of fragrance after a few weeks.
- Be creative and have fun!