How to Decorate a Container using Ribbon
Adding a decorative band of ribbon to a container is a fantastic way to add interest without adding much expense. There are many different alternatives available in ribbons. Burlap, lace, grosgrain, tulle, and satin are a few of the materials the ribbon could be made of, not to mention the endless colors available. Ribbon can be added alone or a small embellishment can be added to help hide the seam. The possibilities are endless!
- Candle Container (filled or empty)
- Glue Gun
- Embellishments (optional)
Cover your work area with wax paper. Hot glue drips are most times unavoidable, and this makes clean up much easier.
Step 1 – Prepare your area
Start by gathering your supplies to make sure everything is readily accessible.
Step 2 – Adhere ribbon
Use a dot of hot glue to adhere the edge of the ribbon to the container. If you are using a wide ribbon, use several small dots to make sure it holds properly. Center it if you would like, but the placement of the ribbon can be wherever you choose.
Be careful not to burn your finger when placing the ribbon. Use the tip of an unsharpened pencil, a skewer or toothpick to keep your skin out of harms way.
Step 3 – Cut to length
|Step 4 – Secure to container
Secure the ribbon in several spots with small dots of hot glue to make sure the ribbon doesn't move when the container is handled. Try to hide the glue so it is not easily visible. Hot glue the edge to completely secure the ribbon.
Step 5 – Add embellishment
You may skip this step if you choose.
NOTE: Make sure to keep any flammable materials, like fabric or artificial flowers, on the outside of the container. Having these items too close to the wick can be a fire hazard.
|Now you should be ready to|
|Step by Step Candle Making Guides||Shop For Candle Supplies!|
- Candle Waxes and Additives
- Candle Containers
- Candle Molds
- Candle Wicks
- Fragrance Oils / Candle Scents
- Candle Dyes
- Candle Making Equipment
- Step by Step Guides
- How to Make Container Candles
- How to Make Votive Candles
- How to Make Pillar Candles
- How to Make Soy Container Candles
- How to Make Wooden Wick Candles
- How to Make Cookie Cutter Pillars
- How to Make Ice Candles
- How to Make Wax Dipped Flowers
- How to Make Wax Cupcakes
- How to Make Watermelon Slice Candles
- How To Make Palm Container Candles
- How To Make Palm Pillar Candles
- How To Make Wax Tarts
- How to Decoupage a Container
- How to Decorate a Container Using Ribbon
- How to Decorate a Container Using Fabric
- Other Helpful Resources
Our containers and lids are sold separately so you can mix and match and create the look YOU want!