Golden Brands 444 Enhanced Soy Container Wax
This is a blended wax that contains a soy-based additive and is both FDA-approved and Kosher-certified. The additive enables the soy to be poured at hotter temperatures reducing frosting and increasing the fragrance oil load. It blends well with paraffin, slack wax, and microcrystalline waxes.
444GW has a higher melt point which enables it to retain a higher fragrance oil load to give you a stronger scent throw.
- Comes in flake form
- Pour temperature: 125 - 145°F
- Fragrance Oil Load: 9 - 11%
Melt Point: 120°F - 125°F
Flash Point: >600°F
- DO NOT BUY THIS WAX!! I bought this wax in February and am kicking myself for not getting the EcoSoya CB 135 again! This wax has virtually NO scent throw and almost every one of my candles has sinkholes in them--reheating them was no help as the sinkholes formed again as they solidified. Don't waste your money. Unfortunately there is not a rating of 0 stars or I would have given it that rating.
- I was SO surprised when I saw the two bad comments about THIS wax! Perhaps they were talking about a different one. I have been using this wax and a couple of other different ones from Golden Brands (444, 402 & 415) since 2006. This wax is totally awesome!! Anyone who is having a bad experience with this wax must be doing something wrong. Six years ago I too did have a few problems, however, after talking and working with Jason Glaser who is the vp of Golden Brands, I realized I was doing something wrong! After that time, and realizing a few things I was doing wrong, I have never had a problem again! I have had an excellent cold and hot throw! Once you find the right wick to go with your container and a high quality fragrance oil, this wax, in fact ANY of
- This wax melts so nicely. It takes more scent than I had anticipated but the candles burn evenly and last for a long period of time.
- This was has been a huge waste of time and money! I made dozens of candles in 8oz glass containers and all of them look terrible with pits and a nasty grainy top surface. I will never buy this product again. In fact, I'd like to return an unopened case, but the shipping is so expensinve. Uugh!